The Institutional component of the First International Aquaculture Fair in Neiva, Colombia has opened a space for CNCC to organise “Norway Day” as a partial substitution to the summit initially suggested under CNCC’s strategic partnership project with Norad, Caritas, Pharmaq/Zoetis, and Piscícola Botero
The initiative behind this event comes from “Norway” being honored as the guest country at the Fair, for their contribution to the development of the sector. Therefore, as a celebration of the signing of the Fish for Development Agreement Norway-Colombia in November, the plan in this component of the Fair is to highlight all the projects within the Norad Fish for Development (FfD) umbrella. As well as organizing other bilateral cooperation events throughout the day
Norway Day – First International Aquaculture Fair in Neiva – Huila – Colombia. See page and program for the event here.
Date: Thursday, 5th of May
Event Duration: 10:20-12:20 (Colombian Time, GMT-5)
- 10:20 Opening remarks: Colombian-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce (CNCC)
- 10:25 Intervention Norwegian Ambassador to Colombia H.E. John Petter Opdahl (tentatively recorded in advance and/or presence of Embassy representatives).
- 10:30 Norad FfD representative
- 10:40 Institutional Cooperation Program: Fish for Development Colombia
- 10:50 Caritas: “Improving productivity and sustainability in the tilapia value chain”
- 11:00 UNIDO: “Strengthening quality and standards compliance capacity of shrimp and tilapia aquaculture value chain in Colombia to facilitate market access”
- 11:10 Caritas: “Improved livelihoods in aquaculture for the rural youth in Caquetá, Colombia”
- 11:20 Conservation International: “Sustainable fishing practices: reducing poverty in Colombia”
- 11:30 UNODC- Global Program for Combating Wildlife and Forest Crime- FishNET*
- 11:40 FAO- Social Protection Frameworks
- 11:50 Q&A
Parallel Event to Academic Agenda
The Fair has also opened a space for CNCC to organize a bilateral cooperation seminar/roundtable focusing on enabling institutions as a partial substitution of the summit initially suggested under their strategic partnership project with Norad, Caritas, Pharmaq/Zoetis, and Piscícola Botero (This will be a parallel event to the academic agenda).
Date: Thursday, 5th of May
Event Duration: 14:00-16:00 (Colombian Time, GMT-5)
- 14:00 Opening remarks: Colombian-Norwegian Chamber of Commerce (CNCC)/ President of Colombia Productiva
- 14:10 Intervention Norwegian Ambassador to Colombia H.E. John Petter Opdahl (it will be tentatively recorded in advance and/or presence of Embassy representatives).
- 14:20 Norad FfD/ or Oceans representative
- 14:30 Norad PSD representative
- 14:40 Strategic partnership presentation-Case example
- 14:50 ProColombia Presentation
- 15:00 Colombia Productiva Presentation
- 15:10 Innovation Norway Presentation* (to be confirmed)
- 15:20 Norec Presentation
- 15:30 ANTLER Presentation
- 15:40 Fondo Mujer Emprende presentation.
- 15:50 Q&A
16:00-17:00 Norwegian Delegation meeting with 35 small fish farmers impacted by the strategic partnership with Norad, Caritas, Pharmaq/Zoetis, CNCC, and Piscícola Botero.